Thursday, June 21, 2007

Schadenfreudelicious!

Last night, I heard from a friend that I had not talked to in quite a while. Last Novemember, he moved, and he never reconnected his Internet. He also didn't bother hooking up his phone. He basically vanished.

I met him 2 months before I left Midwestern City, Midwestern State, and I fell hard and fast for him--the term "crazy in love" comes to mind. He was beautiful and funny and smart... and a little dangerous. A man with a past. In fact, when I knew I was going to graduate from Midwestern U, I began to look like a madwoman to find jobs just so that I could stay and be near him--I was the anti-feminist, in other words. I was so besotted, that I would have given up moving to this crap Southern city, and not take this crap job, if he had given me the slightest encouragement to stay. I would have done some crap retail job just to be with him. But, instead he told me I needed to go, and so I did.

I called him every day for the first few weeks. We had been in the habit of talking on the phone every day, if we didn't see each other. But after several weeks, he told me to "move on," which was brutal, and unkind, but I tried. And dated a string of idiots in the process.

ANYWAY. Last night, he was online--apparently he was hijacking someone's WiFi--and it was great to talk to him. Especially because (and this is petty, and I apologize) he told me that this wonderful woman that he was dating and crazy about (as of 4/06--the same woman he told me not to be jealous of, and not to wish I was her, just so I could still be with him!) is a bitch, he hates her, he never meant to date her (he just "fell into it") and he is just picking his time to break up with her.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! SUCKA!!! You know, I may miss that man a lot--I miss his friendship, I miss him in bed, I miss his laugh--but I don't think much of his taste in women! He could have had me! But he chose Little Miss Petite & Perfect and she has fucked him over.

Sometimes, life is sweet. Petty, but sweet.

1 comment:

Zan said...

OK, that is funny. And you know, sometimes we need to rejoice in the petty :) Now, go back to being a good feminist, k?