Thursday, May 3, 2007

A Stranger Approaches

Today, after I finished meeting with a student and doing some more grading on campus, I went to my favorite salad bar restaurant, Lettuce Souprise you. Their soup is always marginal, but their salad is great, and I try to go there if not every week, at least every other week. I couldn't go tomorrow (if I go, it's usually on a Friday after work) because I have a meeting at 12:30 and I don't know how long it will run.

Anyway, as I was buttering a corn muffin, this very attractive blond man (who had come in after I did with his other attractive blond man friend) came over and started to talk to me. Told me that he and his friend noticed me, that they haven't been in the city long, and are looking for new friends. So we chatted for 10 minutes, and they said that they noticed that I looked "happy" and that they like happy people. He was very clear to make sure that I knew he wasn't picking me up--which is a good thing--picking me up would break anyone's bones to rubble--but that they don't know anyone and thought I might be a kindred spirit. He gave me his phone number, and I gave him mine. He invited me out to a lesbian country bar tonight, but I told him that I would be grading. Which, hopefully, I will be. ;)

I do love the idea of a lesbian country bar, though.

I might just call him. Dare I?

2 comments:

imogen66 said...

be careful if you do go. i'm a crazy-worrier. and i don't trust no-one.

Zan said...

Well, meeting in a public place is good. But me? Eh, I'm so careful, I'd never call. I'd be terribly flattered though.