Saturday, August 4, 2007

Taking a Break

I am stressed out right now because grades are due on Monday and while I only have 3 more portfolios to grade, I still have all 19 final projects to grade. I know I'll get them done tomorrow, and probably very quickly, but I'm exhausted, I'm cranky, and I'm just generally depressed.

I really, really wanted to go home for a little while before the new semester started. I had planned on leaving on Tuesday to go home for a week. Then my sister informed me that she was coming for 3 days this Monday. Then directly after that is my "annniversary weekend" with Boyfriend. So that knocks out next week. The week after that I have 3 meetings with my new boss about the advising aspect of my job. I REALLY wanted to get out of them, but of course I couldn't. So that knocks out the week of the 13th-17th. And of course the fall semester starts on the 20th.

I'm just so desolate and exhausted and I really needed that time to recoup. When I'm home with my Mom, we laugh. We hang out. We just be. And I was really counting on that because I always need to recharge before the new semester starts, because teaching takes so much out of me. I constantly feel like I don't have any time to myself--I'm constantly on call to students. And it wears me out.

And I feel like I'll be starting the new semester already in an emotional deficit... and let's face it, this semester is going to be hard. I'm teaching Tech Writing, which I've never done before; I'm doing 12 hours of week advising, and another 8-10 working on the school's cable network. So I'll probably be on campus every day, which means I won't have downtime to grade and think... let alone write!

I'm so depressed. I guess I should just go to bed. I can do those last 3 portfolios tomorrow morning, along with all those final projects. It's obvious to me I'm about to break down and cry, I'm so tired.

I'm sorry for whining.

No comments: