Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Reed Richards

I seem to be having strange dreams lately, which is unusual for me, since I don't seem to dream. When I was on a coctail of antidepressants, I dreamed quite a bit. Now that I'm not taking them, I don't seem to dream--or just rarely, like last night.

Reed Richards is Mr. Fantastic from the Fantastic Four, which was my FAVORITE comic as a girl. I loved the comic, I loved the show, but Mr. Fantastic was not my favorite of the group--it was (and always will be) Ben (The Thing). I used to daydream about marrying Ben--even though he was orange and rocky. I think it was his tortured soul--and his matter-of-fact attitude--that appealed to me. Anyway, last night, I dreamed that it was Reed who kissed me--of course, it was Ioan Griffudd from the 2005 movie (who, by the way, really doesn't do anything for me, and if we're talking about the movie, let's be honest here--Michael Chiklis's Ben was totally dreamy). The weird thing was that I let him kiss me--even though I knew I was dating my b/f.

It was weird too that I felt disloyal but also sinful in a good way. I have no idea what it means.

In a somewhat related note, I am looking forward to seeing The Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer when it comes out this summer. I don't usually like comic book movies, but I do have a soft spot for F4.

No comments: