Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Winter Wonderland...Sort Of

It started snowing fat, wet, blobby flakes around 6-ish, and snowed a good two hours. Now it's raining, and the beauty is slowly disappearing. Many of the northern counties are getting several inches of snow.

There is something wonderful and nostalgic about snow... Nothing like the snows I used to detest back in grad school, the kind that would last for months, the salt wearing holes in the bottom of your shoes. Today's snow was just pretty enough to be evocative, but not provocative. ;-) It will all be gone by tomorrow, but that's ok.

I took a few pictures from my porch. If I knew how to paste them into the body of a post, I would. Imogen knows... I should ask her.

Stay warm.

2 comments:

Zan said...

Oooh. I know! When you're in blogger and posting a new post, see those little icons at the top of the box? The one that looks like a picture? Hover your mousy over that and it will say "Post Picture" :) You click on that and then follow the directions! (It's really just browse to find the photo and then load photo, I think. Very simple). It defaults to putting the pix at the top of your post, so if you want them somewhere in the body, you just copy the code and put it where you want it. See? I are helpful.

The Kittens of the Apocolpyse say 'Hi"

Mermatriarch said...

Ah! Thank you Zan! I shall endeavor to post my little photos today.