Saturday, December 22, 2007

Update

My Mom came in on Monday, and she's been wonderful.

Wednesday was another round of chemo. What was terrible was the I.V., which just burned. I went through 3 liters of "buffer" solution, but when it ran out, I was crying, because the stuff just was like fire in my arm. Apparently I have a low tolerance for the meds, and I thought I would die. The nurse hooked me up with more buffer but I guess there's only so much they can give.

Anyway, four hours later, we left, and went to Target to pick up a new prescription. Every time I leave that doctor, it seems like I get some new drugs. And not good ones. :(

Chemo mostly makes me exhausted and nauseated. But I'm trying my best. It's early in my treatment, though; maybe later, I'll be less "cheerful and brave." I don't know how many rounds I'll have to get. It just depends on how my body responds.

Anyway, if I don't write any time soon, I hope everyone has a happy Christmas or other winter holiday. Bless you all.

No comments: