Thursday, May 17, 2007

Temptation

Today, a girl somewhere in her teen years rang the doorbell. In her arms was the most perfect little squirming, mewing kitten I have ever seen. She asked, "Is this your kitten?" I said it wasn't, but HOW I WANTED HER TO BE MY KITTEN. The girl asked me if I knew whose kitten it was, and I told her I didn't, and then she asked me if I wanted her. That's when the kitten looked right into my eyes, and I almost died. I wanted to say, "Yes, this is my kitten, thank you for finding her." But what I said was, "I would love to keep her, but my Mother would kill me." The girl mentioned that both she and her mom were allergic, and I just wanted to scoop that kitten into my arms.

If my slumlord of a landlady would allow more than one cat, I would have taken the little cream kitten in a heartbeat. I loved her sooo much. She was just perfect. But my Mother already has enough to do with Baby and with the outside cats who belong to my sister. I knew she would be furious if I had taken the little kitten off the girl's hands...

If I owned my own house, I could have taken that kitten. Now I'm all depressed and sad again. Though I am sure my Cat would not be so happy if he suddenly found he had a little sister.

1 comment:

Zan said...

You should have brought her to meeeeee!! China would have gotten over it!